Monday, February 7, 2011

Cash a lier too!

I don't like poetry much because I seldem understand them. So I was a bit frustrated reading them and not having anything to say. Saturday night I was watching the movie Walk the Line and it hit me! Johnny Cash wrote the song "Fulson Prison Blues" to express his feelings about the airforce. Many people thought that he had been in prison because of how well the song expressed the feelings he had. Cash had never been in prison in reality but the best way he could express his feelings about the airforce was to use the analagy of prsion.

So this study of truth and lies we are having exteneds not only to stories and poetry but to songs as well. When humankind communicates emotions and memories in nay way it can be looked at in the way that we are exploring this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment